3.25.2005

Do they still have "prime time?"

I'm almost outta school and with my relaxed "coming down the home stretch" class schedule, I can stop getting up at 4:00 every morning to do homework (because it's an awful lot easier before the kiddies wake up). That means I can stay up and watch some real TV. Is there anything worth watching after 8:30 these days? Right now my evening TV with the kids is game shows on PAX. If you didn't know, PAX is the "safe for everyone" channel. I'm at least looking forward to seeing regular commercials again. "safe for everyone" + "game shows" = commercials aimed at old people. In commercials for the mass viewing audience, they have sexy people running around doing sexy things to get you to buy stuff. In commercials for old people products, they take out all the sexy people and replace them with grandchildren. I guess at a certain age, that's your number one fantasy:
"Oh yeah, look at those kids help around the house. I bet they can do chores I never even heard of. And check out those report cards! Holy Hannah, I'd give that a Werther's Original."
I gotta go before I freak myself out here.

2 Comments:

At 3/25/2005 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of my favorite shows are:

The West Wing
The Amazing Race
Scrubs
Joan of Arcadia

Shows I like but am ashamed to admit that I do:

American Idol
Alias

If you'd like to replace those grandchildren with sexy people then I've heard that Desperate Housewives is a must...although Joe and I haven't seen it and don't think it's our cup 'o tea.

 
At 3/25/2005 11:34 AM, Blogger Jason said...

You know, I actually use to watch Scrubs. Glad to hear it's still on. That was back when I was staying up to do my homework after the kids went to bed (turns out I was too tired to do homework by that time and I ended up doing a sub-par job of it). But I really liked that show. I especially liked the red-haired grouch with the heart of gold, whatever his name was.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home