7.19.2005

Fly away you sweet little thing, they're hot on your tail!

[public announcement] I haven't started talking funny. That title is a reference to a Genesis song. There are problably 12 people in the world who would get it. [public announcement]
Yesterday we packed up the plastic wagon and made a trek to the park. Lots of stuff happened. but the one event that blots out everything else that I might otherwise have remembered was this:

We used one of these,


To hit one of these.



Right out of mid air. It was glorious. Two things. First, the bird was not hurt so don't be callin' PETA. Second, it was not on purpose so don't be callin' PETA.
Bird was just flying along, minding his own business and WHAMO! Out of nowhere he gets biffed with a freakin' rocket. I wish I had it on tape. I could have sent it to all the news stations and they could use it as an ultra low-budget "dramatic reenactment" of a surface to air missle strike on a plane.
Anchor woman: The attack was sudden and vicious.
Roll Footage: [Bap! Squaaaaaack!]
Anchor man: Disturbing images, Kelly. A tragedy indeed.
That poor bird had to have the same sense of surprise that I do when I'm walking down the stairs and there was one step less than I expected. You evere done that? You're already on level ground and you plant your next step like you're cracking walnuts with your heel. It's surprising the force with which people walk down stairs. If we could only harness that energy we could reduce our dependence on foreign oil. All we gotta do is build big warehouses across the country and fill them with people taking 16 steps down 15 stairs.
Oh jeez! Look at the time. I haven't taken my meds.

9 Comments:

At 7/19/2005 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That must have been a fantastic event! I can just imagine the whoopin' and the hollerin'. If you had that on video (and there was no PETA) I'd think you'd be able to win the grand prize on one of them Funniest Home Video shows.

 
At 7/19/2005 9:00 AM, Blogger Robyn said...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Ha!

 
At 7/19/2005 4:17 PM, Blogger Robyn said...

Still laughing!!

 
At 7/19/2005 5:11 PM, Blogger Jason said...

haha, r.

 
At 7/19/2005 10:34 PM, Blogger KOM said...

Crap - I was going to mention the "big unit" thing.

I guess it proves that if an infinite number of monkeys type on an infinite number of typewriters - something's going to get hit mid-air.

 
At 7/20/2005 4:37 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Yeah, I've seen that video! Spectacular footage, that.

 
At 7/20/2005 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm calling PETA just for the fact your not on your meds!

 
At 7/22/2005 1:34 PM, Blogger Dave said...

I cannot recall who was involved ( which is always a great reason so stop, but undaunted I continue) but there was a tennis match in which a serve nailed a bird. The bird sort of spun out of control onto the court. I think it might have been at Wimbeldon but I am not certain.

 
At 7/23/2005 5:19 PM, Blogger Pastor Seth said...

Now that was funny. Here is a link to the Randy Johnson Bird thing.

http://www.thatwasrandom.com/content/view/92/48/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home