6.25.2005

Man, I hope Diane doesn't read this

She reads my blog from time to time but she's pretty busy with friends in town right now so I'm going to take a bit of a chance. Here's the thing. I threw away a plastic cup the other day because it has this tiny little microscopic crack in it near the bottom. You can't even see the crack but the cup leaves huge rings of whatever you're drinking all over whatever you set it on. So...I threw it away. Now, I know I've thrown stuff away before by accident. I'm a little absent minded like that. But this time, she pulled it out of the trash and didn't say anything, so I threw it away once more. Today, I look in the sink and she pulled it out again. Naturally, I threw it away a third time. I would say something, but I think it'll be funner to see how many times I can throw it away and how many times she'll pull it out of the trash before she just comes up and says, "Dude, what's your problem?!". Yep, that's pretty much the sort of thing that makes my world go 'round. That and BRCs from El Pollo Loco. Ever had one? They're burrios with only three ingredients: beans, rice, and cheese. Oh, except for this one time I found some hair in it. I hope it was an accident. Because it was probably either that or the guy making my burriot saw that I'm starting to go bald and he was just rubbing my face in it. "HA! Look at me! I have so much hair that I cook with it!" Bastard. Anyway, I'll let ya know how this cup thing turns out.

7 Comments:

At 6/26/2005 1:01 PM, Blogger Amy said...

You have to bury the object of objection under something that most people have stop and think twice about before they go digging said object of objection out of the trash. That's how I dispose of broken cups, disintegrated t-shirts, socks and underwear, and the forty million craptastic Chuck E. Cheese and Six Flags toys that show up here periodically. And when I have to RE-throw-away, I bag the item(s) up and ask my neighbor to throw them out in his trash. It's quite an undertaking sometimes, but frankly, my sanity is worth it!

 
At 6/26/2005 1:50 PM, Blogger Robyn said...

What else is she hording from the trash? Does she make routine searches every day just in case? Usually, I just open the cupboard door, and toss in the trash. It never really occured to me to actually look into the thing to see what else was in there!! It should be fun though to see how many times you throw it away. I'm going to say at least 6.

 
At 6/27/2005 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read over on Diane's blog that she's trying to see how many times she can fetch the cup out of the trash before you blurt out, "Woman! It's frickin' CRACKED!!"

 
At 6/27/2005 4:04 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Hey Amy, it so awesome that you have a contingency plan for re-throwing items. That kills me.

r, That's really scary to think about. What else is she pulling out of the trash and saving? Does she, like, chew my gum and stuff? Ewww. I better not think about it.

 
At 6/29/2005 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, I applaud your genius!

 
At 7/03/2005 12:17 AM, Blogger THEMARSHAL said...

no, no, no!! Dont bury it, do something off the wal with it. I personally recomend a 3 wood. You know, the golf club. They are quite efficient at blasting things into tiny pieces!!! You dont even have to be good, just one shot and BAM! I say blast it into the yard, DAMN golf clubs are so much more fun when not being used for golf.

 
At 7/03/2005 4:39 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Marshal, I tell ya man. If you haven't done this yet (and I only bring this up because you, Joe, and I are are obviously of a like mind on this) you haven't lived until you've whacked the hell out of spray paint cans with, what was it Joe, a 7 iron? Nothing quite so satisfying as a loud pop followed by a blinding mist of meltalic blue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home