6.13.2005

It looked like fun when DJ did it.

Alrighty. Had me one of those graduation things yesterday. It's a little bit anti-climactic because I still have to take two classes this summer. Ah well. But, ya know, I'm glad I had a chance to walk and have my picture taken because it really highlights the fact that I look like a doofus. I hate having my picture taken so much. By the way, here's an interesting little side note. I just checked dictionary.com for the spelling of "doofus". Turns out that the plural for doofus is "doofuses". I would have guessed "doofi". Then I wanted to see if the "I" sound is spelled by just throwing an "I" at the end of the word so I looked up "octopus". Yep, it's just an "I" at the end there. Then I thought, "Why is octopus even on dictionary.com? Who the hell doesn't know what an octopus is?". Anyway, I'll put more pictures up later, but here's one anyway.

8 Comments:

At 6/13/2005 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

 
At 6/13/2005 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is wonderful news, Jason! I know what you mean about "walking" before you're done. I opted not to when I got my BA from CSUF. I still had my internship to do over the summer. Congratulations! I hope the summer is quick and painless. It's hard not to get antsy towards the end.

 
At 6/13/2005 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Ivory Tower, my friend. I have walked/will walk at any ceremony I can participate in.

It's not always just an -i at the end of -us words. Apparatus is both singular and plural, just like sheep. So is prospectus. If an -us word is in the fourth declension, its plural is the same as its singular. If it's in the second declension, its plural is -i.

 
At 6/13/2005 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Con-graduations, Jason! You look great! What, Dennehy didn't show?

 
At 6/14/2005 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After my fourth declension, I was all out of Pepto-Bismol and toilet paper and had to go see my doctor!

 
At 6/15/2005 8:06 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Thanks all!
And Monique, I tell ya. I started getting that whole antsy "I don't give a rip. I just want out." feeling at the end of Winter quarter. I managed to keep it together for Spring, but Summer's gonna be TOUGH.
Brad, he was there. He requested we not take pictures. Besides, he wasn't there because I wanted him. He was DJ's guest.

 
At 7/03/2005 12:28 AM, Blogger THEMARSHAL said...

I am still hung on the Beer, Deer, Beers, Deer contra. I mean really. Deer in plural is Deer...right? Yet beer in plural is beers??? Why is that? I dont know why deer has the plural forn of deer but as far as I am concerned beer folows that crazy rule. Heers to deer = deer and bee = beer. Damnit, it just works to well to not ...."work."

 
At 7/03/2005 12:29 AM, Blogger THEMARSHAL said...

Look at my type.... I have had way too many BEER tonight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home