4.30.2005

I love school...I love school...I love school....I love school........

So this was going to be my easy quarter. "Race is over", I says. "Just prance accross the finish line", I says. So much for that theory. The school administration folks played one of their favorite games. "The Ol' Professor Switcheroo!". The guy who was supposed to teach my 2 unit class was switched for some new guy. The old guy was mostly blind, mostly deaf. In fact, I suspect he may have been dead and stuffed with a metal rod wired to his spine. I think that's why he always leaned to the left a little. Probably because we've been using cheap non-union labor for our corpse posing jobs. They just don't put the love into propping up bodies on sticks. Anyway, I loved that guy so much. They replaced him with a guy that has more "real world experience". And by that they mean, he use to be the head supervisor at a Chinese Nike factory. I have never done so much for so little in my life. No...wait.... I recycled newspapers once. Don't do it kids, that's a sucker's game.
Also, I'm taking more classes than I thought I would because I found that if I really push it, I can walk this June because I'll only have 2 classes to finish up this summer. This week I've been doing mid quarter tests and projects. They continue on into next week. I am consumed. So, to make myself feel better, I've decided to write some mid quarter jokes, old school style.

Knock Knock
Who's there?
An ulcer

Guy walks into a bar and sits on a stool. The bartender looks at the guy and says, "what can I get for you?". The guy says, "I'm tired and dizzy all the time."

Q: What's the difference between passing soil chem. and failing soil chem.?
A: I don't know. I swear on my life I don't know.

Q: How many flies does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A: I'm not really sure but I can tell you it isn't 4.0. That number doesn't exist.

Alright, back to work.

2 Comments:

At 4/30/2005 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That old dude may have been alive--most college professors lean decidedly to the left.

I feel like I'm in paradise compared to you: all I have to do is teach two more classes on a book I love, read and grade a couple of essays, and make up an exam to give my students on the 12th. I'll probably host a review session between now and then, too, but where's the pressure for me?

I'll tell you: it's coming up with a diss. prospectus this summer. If I don't, I have to share my study cubicle with an incoming 1st-year student . . .

Good luck!

 
At 5/02/2005 3:23 PM, Blogger Kung Fu Joe said...

I had the Ol' Professor Switcheroo done on me once. It was some computer class I was taking and the professor came in and for the first hour and a half told us his life story including how his wife left him and he moved to Victorville to get everything back together. I guess getting things together take a week in Victorville because he didn't show up next week. I still miss that crazy bastard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home