4.14.2005

I can't manage to take this seriously

I'm sitting here reading a book about managament and human resources for a class I'm taking. It's making a manager out of me. As one who has been indoctrinated into the world of high-powered business, I feel a certain responsability to demystify the whole thought process behind successful management techniques. Therefore, I've decided to write a comprehensive summary of the entire book. Here it is:
Stealing is bad.
People have feelings.
The end.

Congratulations, now you're a manager too.
This book is the stupidest collection of words ever to be vomited on a stack of paper. It actually contains the sentence, "Happy people are more often in a good mood."
That is true. It is an important idea that could aid a manager who wishes to improve the morale of his/her department. However, that statement begs the question, "What sort of retard needs to have this written down? Are the people reading this book your run of the mill dumbasses? Do they have bits of screws and glass lodged in their brains from industrial accidents?" I just want to get a grip on the sort of people I'm going to be dealing with. For me, I believe that a book of mad-libs, pre-completed by fifth grade boys, would be more valuable.
"In order to burp productivity, it is important to identify key boobies of action and explode an environment that will allow your motorcycle to meet its three-legged-race ."
There, now THAT'S a business model I can get behind.
Oh well, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I just hope my future boss isn't in this class.
By the way, I've spoken to all the members in my band and we've decided to change our name to "The Key Boobies of Action". Please update your Christmas lists.

2 Comments:

At 4/14/2005 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea verily, that is some stupid stuff. How about an excerpt from a student paper to add to the pottage?

"The aggression and mesh of struggle may merely entertain a variety of others. All of these may be a selection of people's interpretations of O'Connor's text like The River, however, I, even though I do agree with the above interpretations, see this reading involving grace and redemption."

OUCH.

Whoops, I just forgot that people have feelings.

 
At 4/15/2005 5:44 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Seriously dude, I am amazed that you are able to adhere to a policy of non-violence towards some of these folks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home