4.21.2005

They're here. Oh sweet mercy. They're actually here.

Look at these freaks. Just look at them.

They're called the "Doodlebops". It's a new kids' show from Canada and they've landed on the Disney Channel. In a cruel twist of fate, my kids absolutely love them.
This show is so bad that when they tried to broadcast in Eurpoe, the EU immediately imposed sanctions on Canada and demanded a written formal apology. Of course, Canada sheepishly agreed. Can't kick Europe around. So they just jettisoned the Doodlebops to us. Some friend Canada turned out to be.
They sing! They dance! They raise my gorge!
Not only do I have to deal with the freakin' Doodlebops in a direct way, they also raise questions in DJ's mind that I now have to deal with.
What's a doodle?
What's a bop?
What's a doodle bop?
"I'm not sure DJ. but from the looks of them I'd say that the Teletubbies spun cocoons and four months later, Doodlebops popped out."
As we know, there were 4 Teletubbies. Now we see only 3 Doodlebops. I think we can assume that one died in the process. I hope it was La-La. I hate La-La so much. I'll never forgive him for what he did at Sturgis '84. Sick bastard has no respect for anything. And somehow I'm the one who gets to repaint all the fire hydrants.
Don't get me wrong. The Doodle bops are nearly, but not quite, 100% bad. There is one thing about the show that kicks ass:

Stigmata!

Look at him. That's Moe. He even looks like he's yelling it in the camera's face, "STIGMATA!!!!!" That would make a great ending to the show every week. Nothing motivates kids to learn and get along with others like an hysterical bleeding of the palms. Too bad it's just a cartoony representation of the stigmata. Instead of bits of red felt glued to their gloves, you know what I would do? I'd sew some of those Hollywood blood packs into his costume. Somewhere near the middle of each episode I would have all the characters observe 30 seconds of silence while Moe gets down on his knees and rocks back and forth in a corner while staring reverently at his bleeding hands. Come on and do it Disney Channel! You don't have the guts, do ya? Always pandering to the lowest common denominator.
Oh well, at least it occupies the kids attention long enough that I can go watch my old teletubbies tapes and plan my revenge for Sturgis '84.

14 Comments:

At 4/21/2005 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the "rocking back and forth staring reverently at his hands" part. Does he have foot wounds and a side gash to match?

 
At 4/21/2005 7:25 AM, Blogger Jason said...

I'v haven't seen them but he keeps pretty covered up. Gotta leave a little something to the imagination I guess.

 
At 4/22/2005 8:24 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Wow Rich, that's a great way to save money.

Dude, It would be so cool to form rip-off kids' shows:
Schnitzel-Bonks
The Banana Splats
Sexy-Me street
We could have our own channel!!!

 
At 5/10/2005 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they aren't so bad if they are making kids happy. and that whole stigmata thing? give it up. it takes a sick mind like yours to think that crap up. I'm sure two year olds aren't going to be to affected by it because they won't even now what stigmata means. and leave canada out of it, it was disney that put it on, its not as if canada forced it on us, and who asked you anyway

 
At 5/10/2005 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I babysit a young boy and he loves them and so do I . For some reason i want to turn the channal but i cant the show is so strange its addicting . I feel that it is A GOOD KID SHOW and as long as kids like it - it should be aired. At least that is how I feel .

 
At 5/11/2005 8:39 AM, Blogger Jason said...

kitty_2219, I hear what you're saying. I have no problem with that.

anonymous,
If you're looking to see if I've responded to your comment, please click here.

 
At 5/12/2005 6:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to doodle Lisa Lennox's bop!!

 
At 5/12/2005 7:13 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Well....uh....be my guest. I ain't gonna stop ya.

 
At 5/24/2005 5:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have 2 kids a 2 1/2 yr and 9 yr old both girls.. They really enjoy watching the Doodle Bops. I have watched it with them a few times. I have to say it is very cute.. very musical and very entertaining to young kids. =0)

 
At 8/12/2005 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really think that it's not that bad. They teach educational things. My brothers and sister loves them. I can actually sit and watch them, not all day :) but it's tolerable. I can even sing some of their songs. Don't be so critical, at least they don't curse.

 
At 8/17/2005 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.deedeerooneymoe.net

 
At 8/26/2005 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't even think about going to
www.deedeerooneymoe.net unless you want spyware and viruses out the wazoo. Save yourself the trouble!!!

 
At 10/14/2005 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MY 3 YEAR OLD LOVE THE SHOW, I WISH I COULD FIND THE VIDEO TO BUY IT, THEY ARE GREAT!!! I THINK THEY ARE DOING A GREAT JOB, THEY SING, THEY GIVE CHILDREN GOOD MESSAGES, GOOD FOR YOU DOODLE BOPS!...
MARIA

 
At 4/26/2006 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO THINK DOODLE BOPS ARE STUPID YOUR WRONG. I'M A 16 YR. OLD AND THEY ARE GOOD SO YOU OTHER PEOPLE WHO HATE THEM KISS MY ASS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home