4.28.2005

Hurray!!! Daisy is puking her guts out!

Wow, what a relief. Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for the kid. But man, that's some good news. DJ started barfing at Sea World last Sunday. We got him home and by the afternoon he seemed fine. Then he had a fever that night. Then he woke up and seemed fine. Then he started barfing that afternoon. On and on went his wellness/barfing cycle. Last time DJ barfed for three days in a row, some nice folks down at the hospital ended up cutting him pretty much in half and scooping out superfluous organs like someone picking the onions out of their meatloaf. Since nobody else in the house was sick, we were starting to think that something else was going haywire inside the poor little guy. Every time he coughed I would jump up and dial 9-1- and just let my finger hover over the key-pad while I rocked back and forth on the balls of my feet. But then last night at about 8:40 there was puke, glorious puke. Daisy caught whatever DJ has. Again, I feel for the vomiting baby, but as soon as we realized that it was just some bug and not another worn-out part in the boy, Diane and I were dang near jubilant. We were this close to giving eachother high-fives. I'm sure that eventually all of us in the house will end up yacking but 'tis of no import. It will be a puke of joy: "Oh no! I'm gonna throw u u u uooooOOOWWWWGROBBLEEYYOOOOOHHHHH-YEAH-BABY!"
I'm cool with it.

3 Comments:

At 4/28/2005 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like this is good news...I'm strangely happy for you. Hope you're all feeling better soon.

 
At 4/29/2005 4:10 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Yeah, he had is appendix out. And then, he had this big ol' post-op infection along with internal bleeding and such and had to go in again. It was a big ol scary thing.
Yeah, that site is pretty gross but educational. I mean, turban cysts. Who knew?

 
At 5/03/2005 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it's just a bug. Hopefully, you and Diane will be spared.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home